How to Screen Record on iPhone: A StepbyStep Guide
Screen recording on iPhone can be a useful tool for capturing your screen activities and sharing them with others. Whether you want to record a tutorial demo an app or share a funny moment with your friends screen recording can make it possible. In this article we’ll guide you through the process of screen recording on iPhone step by step.
Table of Contents
- Requirements for screen recording on iPhone
- How to enable screen recording on iPhone
- How to start a screen recording on iPhone
- How to stop a screen recording on iPhone
- How to view and edit your screen recording on iPhone
- How to share your screen recording on iPhone
- Troubleshooting common screen recording issues on iPhone
- Best practices for screen recording on iPhone
Requirements for Screen Recording on iPhone
Before you start screen recording on your iPhone there are a few things you need to check:
- Your iPhone must be running iOS 11 or later
- You need to have enough storage space available on your device to save the screen recording
- Screen recording is not available on all apps so make sure the app you want to record allows it
How to Enable Screen Recording on iPhone
- To enable screen recording on your iPhone follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone
- Tap on Control Center
- Select Customize Controls
- Scroll down to find Screen Recording and tap on the green plus sign to add it to your Control Center
How to Start a Screen Recording on iPhone
Once you have enabled screen recording on your iPhone follow these steps to start a recording:
- Swipe up from the bottom of your screen to open the Control Center
- Tap on the Screen Recording button (it looks like a circle inside a circle)
- If you want to record audio as well press and hold the Screen Recording button until you see the option to turn on your microphone
- Tap on Start Recording
How to Stop a Screen Recording on iPhone
To stop a screen recording on your iPhone simply tap on the red bar at the top of your screen and select Stop. Alternatively you can also swipe down from the top of your screen and tap on the Screen Recording icon to stop the recording.
How to View and Edit Your Screen Recording on iPhone
After you have stopped the screen recording it will automatically be saved to your Photos app. To view and edit your recording follow these steps:
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone
- Find the screen recording you want to view and tap on it
- To edit your recording tap on the Edit button (it looks like three horizontal lines with circles on them)
- You can now trim the recording add filters or adjust the playback speed
How to Share Your Screen Recording on iPhone
Once you have edited your screen recording you can share it with others. To share your recording on iPhone follow these steps:
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone
- Find the screen recording you want to share and tap on it
- Tap on the Share button (it looks like a square with an upward arrow)
- Select the app or platform where you want to share your recording (e.g. Messages Mail YouTube etc.)
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the sharing process
Troubleshooting Common Screen Recording Issues on iPhone
Sometimes you may encounter issues while screen recording on your iPhone. Here are some common problems and solutions:
Screen recording stops unexpectedly:
make sure you have enough storage space on your device and
Screen recording is not working at all:
check that you have enabled screen recording in your Control Center and that the app you want to record allows it
Screen recording has no sound:
make sure you have turned on your microphone during the recording process
Best Practices for Screen Recording on iPhone
To get the most out of your screen recording on iPhone here are some best practices to follow:
Plan what you want to record in advance and make sure you have enough storage space available on your device
Use a stable surface or tripod to avoid shaky footage
Turn on your microphone if you want to record audio but make sure there is no background noise that could interfere with the recording
Keep your screen recording short and to the point and use editing tools to trim any unnecessary footage
Check the final recording before sharing it to make sure it looks and sounds the way you intended
Screen recording on iPhone can be a powerful tool for capturing and sharing your screen activities with others. With this stepbystep guide you can easily enable start stop view edit and share your screen recordings on iPhone. By following best practices and troubleshooting common issues you can create highquality recordings that effectively communicate your message.
Can I screen record on my iPhone without sound?
Yes you can disable audio recording by tapping on the Screen Recording button and selecting the option to turn off your microphone.
How do I know if an app allows screen recording?
Some apps may have restrictions on screen recording due to copyright or security reasons. You can check the app settings or documentation to see if screen recording is allowed.
Can I screen record on iPhone while on a phone call?
No screen recording is not available while on a phone call. You will need to end the call before starting the recording.
Can I edit my screen recording after it has been saved?
Yes you can use the editing tools in the Photos app to trim add filters or adjust the playback speed of your screen recording.
How can I share my screen recording on social media?
You can share your screen recording on social media platforms like Facebook Instagram and YouTube by selecting the share option in the Photos app and following the onscreen instructions.